On Wednesday 30/08/2023, the Transnational Workshop on Conclusion of SmartROOT project, open Synergies and further Exploitation will take place physically in Kozani, Greece.
The multiplier event will bring together academics, professionals, and graduates in the fields of agriculture, livestock, IT, and finance. FIAB, as the main dissemination partner, will exploit its strong relations with various SMEs and stakeholders to increase the reach and impact of the multiplier event.
The event aims to expand the project’s impact and consists of three parts. The first part of the multiplier event will de dedicated to a discussion around the use of Augmented Reality Learning Environments for Mixed Farming Systems. During the second part SMARTROOT’s IT teaching tools will be presented, while during the third and final part of the event, a discussion will take place on the study of Mixed Farming Systems through the SmartROOT project.
Agenda - Athens Time
Welcome and Meeting Arrangement
- Prof. Panagiotis Sarigiannidis, University of Western Macedonia, Director of ITHACA Lab, Greece
Keynote No.1: Mixed Farming Systems and Augment Reality
- Dr. Thomas Lagkas, International Hellenic University, Kavala, Greece
1st Roundtable Session: Mixed Farming Systems Augment Reality Learning Environment
Chair: Dr. Thomas Lagkas, International Hellenic University, Kavala, Greece
- Kostas Kyropoulos, Saffron Cultivator, Greece
- George Amponis, Software Engineer, K3Y LTD, Bulgaria
Keynote No.2: SMARTROOT IT Tools
- Dr. Stamatia Bibi, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
2nd Roundtable Session: SMARTROOT IT Tools
Chair: Dr. Stamatia Bibi, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Ioannis Zozas, National Bank of Greece, Investments
- Christos Belidis, Wine Producer
Keynote No.3: Mixed Farming Systems with SmartROOT
- Dr. Lena Lidfors, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
3rd Roundtable Session: Mixed Farming Systems with SmartROOT
Chair: Dr. Lena Lidfors, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
- Theofilos Milonas, IT Business Association of Northern Greece
- Alexandra Giola Genni, Project Manager in MetaMind Innovations P.C., Greece
- Vasileia Vasileiadou, Department of Agricultural Development, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
How to reach University of Western Macedonia:
The most efficient route to Kozani is from Thessaloniki airport.
KTEL Macedonia offers multiple daily routes to Kozani.
Once you reach KTEL Kozani, taxis are always available at the main entrance (4-6 euro to reach any of the recommended hotels listed below)
Regarding hotels, we recommend the following hotels:
- Aliakmon Hotel: the hotel is located near the city center (a 5 minute walk)
- Katerina Hotel: the hotel is located a bit further from the city center ( a 10-15 minute walk)
- Ermionio Hotel: right at the city center.
- Anesis Hotel: the hotel is located near the city center (a 5 minute walk)
Do not hesitate to use the online reservation forms each hotel offers.
Should you require any assistance or have any questions please send an email to email@example.com